• Assisting the EPGA Teaching Professionals in delivering golf lessons in the Academy
• Translating of golf lessons if required by the client or coach. A coach may still require the assistant just in case.
• Hours of duty must be flexible and follow the demand of the client and the teaching professionals schedule.
• When not translating, they should be assisting any non-translated lessons (If required by the coach) or attending to other golf academy business as assigned by the Head Teaching Professional or Managing Director.
• Spend time talking to EPGA members/guests and visitors to the facility which will include walking onto the driving range and interacting with the golfers
• If our coaches are offering any FREE trial swing Analysis, then you must promote this to the golfers that are onsite using EPGA and encourage them to TRY before they BUY
• Coordinates each tournament or event from the initial planning stages until the completion of the event, in conjunction with other EPGA departments
• Advises the Operations, Guest services and Maintenance teams of future events in order to facilitate proper coordination of special set-up requirements and staffing levels.
• Answers any questions on the social media platforms that are directed at the academy.
• Reply to client emails and keep in touch with the client, and ensures lessons are taken within the validity of the packages.
• Actively promotes and sells the golf packages, events and membership to the academy clients
• Responsible for setting up clients details in the coaching software system ready for the coach’s lesson.
• If lesson is to be conducted outside, ensure golf cart and balls are ready
• Lessons schedules must be distributed to all departments so they are aware of the schedules for the day
• Must ensure customers details are loaded and ready for each lesson and must be present in the Studio before the golf coach to meet the student prior to the lessons commencing
• Ensures all studios and teaching areas are clean, tidy and drinks, towels and equipment are replenished as required and ready for the next lesson. In conjunction with our cleaners and Ops team
• Sending video recap lessons directly to the client using the coaching software or via email as a lesson follow up procedure
• Any other tasks and duties as needed and required by the Head Teaching Professional or Managing Director
• The above is subject to revision at any time by the Head Teaching Professional or Managing Director, and any change will be notified
- Language Skills: May be required: to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents, to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Reasoning Ability: May be required: to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Environment/Noise: Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather). - - Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
- Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
- Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals the associates may use are in English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.
- Position will offer a base salary, commission/bonus and holiday fund.
- Benefits package includes eligibility for health insurance, dental, and paid time off.
- Association dues and continuing education allowance are also included.
- If interested please send all inquiries or resumes via email : email@example.com or contact to Ms Lan Huong ( 0975.735.761)